It’s a beautiful thing when clarity comes to us, it’s like a deep breathe of fresh air, a relief. How do you create greater clarity for yourself and act on it? Journaling of course! I love journaling, but admittedly I fall off.
This week I will begin again, with a new Soul Trees Journal I am going to journal daily, for deeper clarity and exploration. I will post daily progress in my stories on Instagram. If you’d like to join me, here are a few ways we can focus our journaling.
Using a journal, notebook, a word doc on your computer or simply the notes app on your phone, try one or all of the following suggestions:
1) What’s on your mind? Brain dump. Let it all out. Then let it go!
2) Throughout the day record: moments of mindfulness, themes that you catch repeating, out of the ordinary signs & symbols that caught your attention.
3) Upon waking in the morning, immediately record your dream(s) from the night before. Writing down dreams expands our awareness giving clarity to the messages from our dreams. Even if you only remember a few odd things, jot them down. Do it before you forget!
4) Write down a question you have? Why, how, what? and free write the answer to yourself in a continuous stream of consciousness. Don’t stop to correct spelling or grammar, keep the pen to the paper or your fingers continuously typing on the keyboard. It can be awkward at first but gets easier. This is a great exercise in allowing and flow. Set a timer for 5-10 minutes or more!
5) At the end of the day - What did you learn today? What did you appreciate about your experience? What are you grateful for?
Try one, try them all. It doesn’t have to take a lot of time, just try to be consistent. I’d love to hear how it works for you! Personally, I am hoping a week of journaling will get me back into a daily practice. Wishing you a week of greater clarity and wisdom from within!